Last weekend, had a chance to attend the two day Bakersville Festival. What began as a seed store has evolved into an all-things pioneer destination spot. It had been eight years since I last was there. Wow, has it grown. My favorite part continues to be the seed store. Many thousands of varieties are for sale. Of note also was the rain and the cold. My goodness it was chilly. At one time I was wearing three jackets and could see my breath. But I was happy to get some new varieties to try growing.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Baker Creek Festival
Last weekend, had a chance to attend the two day Bakersville Festival. What began as a seed store has evolved into an all-things pioneer destination spot. It had been eight years since I last was there. Wow, has it grown. My favorite part continues to be the seed store. Many thousands of varieties are for sale. Of note also was the rain and the cold. My goodness it was chilly. At one time I was wearing three jackets and could see my breath. But I was happy to get some new varieties to try growing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment