On Thursday I made it up to Corvallis, Oregon. There I met Alan Kapuler. Pictured here from left to right is Adam, Alan, Mario, and Dylana Kapuler. They, along with Alan's wife Linda and two other daughters, run Peace Seeds. It's a small seed company with a BIG impact on the seed saving movement. The amount of diversity that they steward is incredible. I had the good fortune to tour the seed house. It's unbelievable. There are probably more varieties of soybeans there than are grown in the entire state of Kansas. And that diversity extends to so many other vegetables and flowers. I felt quite blessed to volunteer my time and efforts for a day towards their noble work.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Meet Peace Seeds
On Thursday I made it up to Corvallis, Oregon. There I met Alan Kapuler. Pictured here from left to right is Adam, Alan, Mario, and Dylana Kapuler. They, along with Alan's wife Linda and two other daughters, run Peace Seeds. It's a small seed company with a BIG impact on the seed saving movement. The amount of diversity that they steward is incredible. I had the good fortune to tour the seed house. It's unbelievable. There are probably more varieties of soybeans there than are grown in the entire state of Kansas. And that diversity extends to so many other vegetables and flowers. I felt quite blessed to volunteer my time and efforts for a day towards their noble work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment